Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Six Flags Over Georgia

We, again, are really enjoying everything that Georgia has to offer. On this particular trip, we went to Six Flags Over Georgia. Shaun heard about it at work and thought it would be a much better alternative than driving the 6 hours to Orlando, FL for Disney World. So we decided to try it out this last Saturday and it was awesome!! The park had more roller coaster than I could remember, and the theme was cute too. For those who don't know, this particular Six Flag's theme was the Looney Tune characters, such as Bugs Bunny, and Tweety Bird. They also had the original comic book characters as well, like Superman, The Flash, Batman, and others. It was a lot of fun and the weather was perfect. Unfortunately we couldn't go on any rides as a family because the kids are too little. We are going to try to find some couples to go with us next time so we can take turns watching each others kids.
The entrance had the roller coasters going outside of the park because it was such a huge ride!
Izzy and I are in the booth getting ready to tear our shirts off and be....Supergirls!
This was the Superman ride that Shaun picked as his ride to go on. We both got to ride one roller coaster, while the other person entertained the kids during the hour long line. Shaun said that it was really cool. You sit down and then hydraulics lift you up so that you are laying flat facing the ground, then you blast off just like superman.
These next couple rides where all for Izzy. I had the honors of riding them with her, since Shaun was feeling a little sick.
I was getting sick myself after this one.
We didn't say a word to Isabel. She stood there with her arms just like the martian (can't remember his name) for the picture. She is so smart and cute!
She really liked this Tweety bird ride.
She kept looking behind her for some reason. I forgot to ask her why.


This was the character for the picture hour. She later saw Bugs Bunny and for the life of me I can't remember who the other one was. I think it was the cat, what's his name? I would have taken pictures then too, but once again the batteries went dead.
Shaun insisted.
Whooo hooo!!!
Shaun felt better and wanted to ride some rides with Izzy so he tried to squeeze himself into the truck. Didn't work. So he took her on a different ride that made him sick all over again. This was the last picture of the day before the batteries died. So I'll have to tell you with words instead of pictures. After this ride Shaun took her on the log ride to get a little wet. Actually, Shaun got soaking wet, and Izzy got a little wet because he covered her before they hit the water. Such a good father (sigh) :) Just love that man. Then Shaun did the Superman while I had Izzy do the games. She won a Bugs Bunny doll! Then we rode the kid rides again. After Shaun was done, I wanted to see if he could do the game where you climb up a horizontal rope ladder without it tipping you off. He almost got it, he was at the last rung, but he fell off. I tried myself, and it was a lot harder than I thought. Of course I fell off half way. On the way out I got to do my roller coaster ride on the Scorcher. It was fun.
So that was our trip. On the way back to the truck, I had a very overwhelming sensation. I realized that 20 years ago my Mom and Dad did the same thing for me. Taking me to an amusement park, then when we were exhausted they would carry us back to the truck at night and we would be asleep the rest of the way home. It was a very defining moment in my life as a parent. It made me feel old, but at the same time very peaceful and happy knowing that it is my turn to give my wonderful children wonderful memories of there own.












4 comments:

  1. Man Liz... I was totally going to make fun of Shaun for trying to get in to that truck ride, but then I felt bad. The end of your blog gave me goose bumps. Parenthood is the best!

    PS I think it's Marvin the Martian. I could be totally wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog technology is great. Sylvestre might be the name of the cat. Wonderful pictures. I can't wait to come and visit with ya'll. Reminds me of taking Shaun and the boys to Six Flags in Illinois when he was three. Heather was not yet born, but was there in body, Michelle's. Thanks for the fotos. DAD

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! That looks like so fun. Hopefully we can come and visit you guys soon. I just have to have this little baby, and then we are sooooo there. And we are going to six flags for sure. We'll be your "take turn on the rides" couple!

    I LOVE the picture of Shaun hugging tweety! so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I amk inspired by your post as I was in a dilemma to take my 4 year old and now after reading your blog it seems like there are lot of activities to do at Six Flags Over Georgia. I will take by boy instead of using a babysitter.

    ReplyDelete