Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My little Izzy is three going on four, and I constantly am having to keep up with her. She an absolute sweetheart most the time, with intelligence thrown in there for good measure. But at times she could try even the most patient of people. Here is a post dedicated just to her.

Isabel's hair is a conundrum. It is such a beautiful blonde color, but thin and scraggly. After waiting patiently for it to grow out even and long, like most girls her age, I just gave up and decided to cut it short. I am so glad I did, and wished I had done it sooner. It turned out so adorable! Its much easier to manage too.

I gave Izzy a bag of magnets to put on the refrigerator. I just expected her to pull them out and plop them on, but nope, not Izzy. She carefully dumped them all out on the floor and one by one picked out all the same colors of each group and put them up in a line. I never said a word to her, she did this all on her own. She loves to organize pretty much anything by color. Does anybody else's kid do this?







One of her favorite things to do is to take off the pillowcases and use them to hide, jump around in, or as sleeping bags. This was during general conference on Sunday, when we were laying down on the floor, the four of us, and watching Conference. Izzy kept saying something, I don't know what because I was trying to read the closed caption and not miss out on the talks, but after awhile she was quite and I looked over and she had curled up next to Shaun's legs and fast asleep in her pillowcase. It was just precious, especially for us since Izzy doesn't take naps anymore. Children always look like little angels when they are sleeping, don't they?

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE her haircut! so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love, Love the haircut! She is precious. I'm even amazed you got it curled:) Peter will have to do our little girls' hair... seeing as he manages the hair in our home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isabel is just adorable. The haircut is fabulous and Ian's hat is perfect. We went to the crazy Safari zoo thing and decided not to do that again because of all the goop. The road was really hard to drive, as I remember. Anyway, so glad you are having wonderful, fun times together.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her haircut is so cute! Eric was ga ga over it. Oh ya, and Liam totally organizes like that too. When he was 2 he would line up my craft paints by color. But I also happen to know someone else in your family who has a color coded closet. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete