Friday, August 7, 2009

1st Day of School/ Ian's Birthday

Isabel's first day of school was yesterday. I was so excited I couldn't sleep very well. We laid out her clothes the night before, and in the morning I made sure she had oatmeal so it would stick to her ribs and give her plenty of energy. Of course I miscalculated the time frame and we almost were late, but not quite. Shaun and I just love this Pre-K program called Growing Room. It's a little kids paradise. Izzy has a fun classroom with tons of stuff, and her teachers are Ms. Amy and Ms. Janey. Both are such nice ladies. I think this is going to be a fantastic experience for her.
She immediately sat down and just wanted to play and hang out. There were no tears or anguish. I gave her a hug and felt my heart ache at the thought of leaving her and not having my little girl with me during the day anymore. I was pretty sad. Once I got home I couldn't get over how quiet it was. I was able to get all my chores done and more. I missed her, but at the same time it was pretty nice having more time on my hands.Ian's birthday was the same day as Izzy first day of school. We are throwing a big party for him on Saturday, but I thought it would be nice to celebrate the actually day with some ice cream cones and watch one of Ian's favorite movies "Cars".
Happy Birthday my darling Ian!

5 comments:

  1. I have to admit I was excited to have Isaac in preschool for a couple days a week! Isn't that so mean of me?! I love having him home, but I like a break too! Isabel looks like she is right at home and will have a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the photos and video of her first day! Those wakeboarding videos were so good!! I love going out with you guys it is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling of missing the kids while they're away, but at the same time, grateful to be able to get so much done, and to go to the store with one less kid! Good luck this year, Izzy, and happy birthday to Ian!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS Izzy!!! We're so proud of you!

    And HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ian. What a big boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to Ian! Isobelle is going to love school and you are going to love the free time. ps. Anna keeps pointing at isobelle in the yellow tank top and and saying tinkerbelle, tinkerbelle.

    ReplyDelete