Sunday, March 1, 2009

Its Snowing in Georgia!

Yesterday it was raining so hard that it was dark midday. It finally cleared up at about 6:00 p.m. Imagine to my surprise when I took the dog out this morning to see slush coming down. I made a mental note to dress myself and the kids warm for church today. As I finished getting everybody ready I noticed that slush had turned to snow and it was coming down fast. Big huge fluffy snowflakes are covering the ground right now as I right this blog. Its amazing and so beautiful to see here in Georgia. Shaun didn't feel comfortable with me driving the kids to church by myself so we stayed in (Shaun had to work) and I made Hot Apple Cider. Its Izzy's and I favorite drink now because I cool it down with some flavored cream, like the kind you put in hot chocolate or coffee. It may sound weird but it turned out really yummy. I can no longer go back to hot chocolate, plus cider has lots of good vitamin C.

2 comments:

  1. No Way!!! I heard about this snowstorm, but haven't taken the time to check with you. How exciting! But, then, I also heard that you will be in the 70's by Saturday. Aw............that's the best. We miss you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! we got some snow a few weeks ago but nothing like that! i don't think it even stuck, but we still have a snowflake hunt.....now it is a nice 85 and we are loving it!!!!

    ReplyDelete