Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ian's SuperHero Party

For Ian's 3rd Birthday I wanted to do a Superhero theme since he was always running around saying "Superhero, to the rescue!".  So my ideas just grew and grew, and the accumulation of it all was pretty awesome and fun.  We had a Superhero boot camp so to speak.  I set up an obstacle course to test their endurance.  Then set up swinging pendulums with a bad guy punching bag for their agility.  Last I had a whole bunch of water balloon 'bombs' with a moving target 'Shaun' to test their marksmanship.  Once they completed the course they became official Superhero and I had capes and masks ready for them.
Then we fought the Evil Eye (pinata), and had Superhero cake and ice cream.  It was a complete blast.  Ian loved it.  We especially had such good friends to share it all with too.
I completely ran out of time.  Its supposed to be covered in blue sky icing, with the cupcakes in white icing so that it looked liked superman was flying in the sky.  Oh well.  It tasted really good though.
Here he is, 3 years old!  He's wearing his dinosaur shirt that Gma Chelle & Gpa Bill got for him.  He wore this for three days straight till I convinced him to let me wash it.  He ask for it by the dino's name "I want my Triceratops shirt!"

6 comments:

  1. What an amazing mom you are !!!! Ian has grown!!! of course you didn't have time for a blue cake you were too busy putting the rest of us moms to shame with all the incredible party games! You are awesome! I am so glad to see you surrounded by good people. Hug my nephew for me and the rest of the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute little dude! and such a cute party! happy birthday ian! we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved catching up on your blog since Ian's underpants blog! I will have to get that book of King's . . . Loved the fun camping fotos, a week on the beach how fun. Loved your birthday surprise!!! Go Shaun!!! Glad you found a good friend to go running with. Ian's birthday also looked fabulous, loved the video. Loved seeing your adorable children and how fun to have that many people in your home! Glad you are LOVING HAWAII cannot wait to come visit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday little man! Nice work on the party Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay, that was cute! His little cape when he was hitting the piniata and his fancy footwork on the obstacle course. What a cute party Liz!

    ReplyDelete