Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas Break: Part 3

Christmas Day
Christmas day was spent at my mom's house in Sumner.  The kids, thank goodness, slept in their usual time and was only woken up by me peeking in on them to see if they were awake yet.  It was a wonderful relaxing Christmas with just our family and my mom.  After all the unwrapping was over we had delicious homemade Belgian waffles, bacon and eggs.  The rest of the day was just hanging around the house, enjoying each other's company and watching the kids play with their new toys.
Only one unfortunate event, and that was I forgot to take pictures of my mom and I when I gave her the bracelet and scarf that I made for her.  So sad about that.
This year (helped a lot by my mom) was the best Christmas so far that we were able to give the kids.  The three of us, my Mom, Shaun and I all picked out something to personally give the kids and then they had a few gifts that Santa gave them.  I gave them the Hello Kitty and Snake seen here in the picture. 

Shaun, for the second time, lost his ring in the ocean and didn't replace it for a long time.  He was too busy.  So I took the initiative and picked out 3 rings for him, all at $9 or less(they are stainless steel).  That way he can pick one, and if he loses it in the ocean pull out the spare.  I know you're thinking "why doesn't he just take the ring off before he goes swimming?".  I have no idea.

Shaun's gift to me was the Pictionary Man game.  I LOVE board games.  It's going to be a new tradition where every year Shaun will get me a new board game for Christmas.  Love it!

Shaun's gift to Ian was a Mighty Beanz Spiderman Capsules with some more Mighty Beanz to put in it.

Izzy got some sandals and a few other cute things from Shaun.

Santa knew how much Ian would love these.

Santa found these at a garage sale for just $6!  How awesome is that!

Every time I ask Izzy what she wants to be when she grows up "I want to be a Scientist and a Mom at the same time".  Santa thought this would help get her started.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Our kids also slept in to their normal time... but when Benson did wake up he sang Jingle Bells in bed until we went to get him. So cute, these little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you were there with mom! It sounded like a really fun Christmas - I loved the 3 rings, hulk, and Izzy's future ambitions!!!

    ReplyDelete