Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas Break: Part 2

The Nutcracker
Isabel is old enough now that she can sit through movies and concerts.  So of course I had to ask my Mom if we could take her to the Pacific Northwest Ballet Nutcracker.  So glad we did because it was just priceless seeing the look of awe and wonder on her face as the ballet progressed.  There is something wonderful about sharing something that you love with your children, and seeing how much they enjoy it as well.
Thank you Mom for this unforgettable moment that I was able to share with my daughter.
Isabel sat next to her cousin Emma during the production.  They are inseparable when they get together.  Like two little peas in a pod.  So glad they have each other.  During the whole ballet they would whisper to each other about this or that, and giggle whenever the male dancers would come out in their tight tights.

Isaac, Sadie, Isabel, and Emma right before the show.


Sarah Steveson, my sister with her daughter Emma.

In between Acts my Mom was able to reserve a table so we could grab a bite to eat.  Emma and Isabel were being so cute by telling each other that while they eat they had to stick out their pinkie like a proper lady.



I told Isabel that she could pick out one thing from the store to help remind her of this moment, and she picked these butterfly wings.  I also got her a ballet dancer ornament, and a children's book of the Nutcracker.





My wonderful mother and her grandchildren.

Thank you, Mom!

5 comments:

  1. I love seeing pictures of your mom! I miss her so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that picture of you and Izzy is so so cute! I can't wait to take Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you got to go. I started taking Autumn to the nutcracker here two years ago and it is a "look-forward-to-it" christmas tradition she has. Bizzie gets to go with us next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too remember going to the Pacific Northwest Ballet Nutcracker growing up. What memories! I'm glad you and Izzie had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting these fun pictures Liz. I miss you so much! Glad we were able to hang out and make memories. Love you.

    ReplyDelete