Monday, May 17, 2010

Some fun in the sun with my brother Jeremy and sister-in-law Kennan

My brother and his wife had already made plans to be in Hawaii before we even arrived so it was fabulous to have family here with us so soon from arriving. I was able to pick them up from the airport and give them my first Aloha welcome, complete with a lei, and take them back to our place as our first guest. I so loved having them here! It was fabulous. The next morning I treated them to my famous french toast and then off on a bit of a tour of the island. We started with a visit to a place called The Byodo-In Temple. Pretty cool place. Pictures and videos speak for themselves. Then we drove around up to North Shore and showed them one of our favorite snorkeling sites called Pupukea. After that we stopped for some delicious snow cones on the way home. The pictures are not in order. I didn't have the time to put them on right, sorry.
Thanks Jeremy and Kennan for such a wonderful time. Please come back soon!



This is Ian going "Ahhhhh" while smacking his tummy with how delicious the snow cones were.

Overlooking Pupukea

At Byodo-In Temple touching the turtles that were everywhere.
Lightening incense at the temple.

Burning an incense in hope that my peace offering for wealth and good health will be heard

Part of the Temple grounds You can ring the bell, which is pretty loud but pretty awesome too


Of course Ian had to do it




Inside the Byodo-In Temple.




You need to watch the 5th video down first to understand what happened. Basically there is this little Buddha statue for people to lay down their offerings to receive blessings and Isabel just thought somebody lost their "offering" on the ground and had picked them up and put them in her pocket. I couldn't help laughing at how innocently sweet she is.



Ian and his cute self. Don't know where he gets it from





The delicious snow cones in all their glory!




There will always be at least one of Shaun's documentary under-the-water film.



Look what I found!

Ian rings the bell.


Crossing the bridge over to Byodo-In




Starfish at Pupukea

5 comments:

  1. so fun! and so jealous they got to visit first!
    POST MORE PICTURES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an awesome place to live! Seems like you are doing pretty good and are getting around to see the great sites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved talking to you Sunday! Bizzie is here and wants me to say she wants Isabel to come over and play and she likes snowcones too...and lions (FYI to help you understand my 4 year old's ramblings - she's on a Lion King kick right now) :) Thankyou for posting these videos I love being a part of your life even if its vicariously!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! Yummy love the snow cones. . . I also love that snorkel dive spot one of my favorites "Sharks Cove" is full of beautiful fish and turtles and the caves are some of my favorite dive spots. loved the post and loved seeing the fun pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That underwater video was cool... especially when the fish opened its mouth on the camera! Nice work Shaun.

    ReplyDelete