Saturday, May 29, 2010

Homemade Facepaint

Izzy wanted to try the homemade facepaint recipe. It asked for simple ingredients: corn starch, cold cream, water and food coloring. It came out a bit watery but I think that's because I forgot to measure out the water before I asked Isabel to pour it in. We still had fun with it and it keeps for a while in a container. Only problem is that the food coloring in the paint does leave a faint coloring on your skin even if you wash it off with soap.

Ian didn't like it at first. I don't know why. He just didn't like how it felt I guess.

Izzy wanted a butterfly
After the initial shock Ian wanted me to keep going and this was what he wanted.
I let Izzy and Ian take turns painting my face. All in all I had a lot of fun and I think the kids did too.

2 comments:

  1. So really... did all the color wash off your face? I want to do this with my primary class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it just left a little bit of a stain. it was gone by the next day. let me know if you want the recipe.

    ReplyDelete