Wednesday, February 25, 2009

So I'm finally feeling guilt free enough to take a moment and write a quick post. Let's face it, my blogging capabilities, not so good. But I've come to terms with it and realize that what I lack in one area I make up for in others.

Here is whats going on in my little life:

Mommy Playdate

Every Wednesday is a the day I look forward to with much anticipation. I get to pack up the kids and a lunch and meet a whole group of Moms at a different park every week. Love it! I love being with other women and talking about anything that we want while our kids play together. Unfortunately Ian is at the age where he is too old to sit still, and too young to go off by himself so I end up following him around and helping him where ever he goes instead of socializing with the girls. But just being there and not at home makes it all worth it.




Stroller Jogging

Now hear this, I, who gets very discouraged easily, have been jogging these past couple weeks with 3 of the moms from my playgroup. I load up my small Cooper with my huge bike stroller and meet the girls on post at Ft. Benning every Tuesday and Thursday. Friday, Deirdre, one of the moms and a fabulous friend, comes up and jogs with me around the lake by my apartment.

It was tough at first pushing the two kids in a wide stroller, but knowing that the other Moms are right along side me keeps me going. I could never do this by myself, I needed the support and companionship of someone(s) who was feeling the pain right along with me. And trust me there is pain involved. But so worth it! Now if only I can get my sugar craving under control I'd lose the weight I need to get back to my pre-pregnacy size and look great in a swimsuit. Any suggestions on how to kick the craving? I've tried everything: not having any sweets at all in the house, only having a small bit after dinner every night, just going cold turkey, you name it I've done. I have no self control when it comes to cookies, or donuts. I wish I could be hypnotize to hate sugar.



My kids

Isabel and Ian take up the rest of my time. With Shaun gone so much during the week I just try to get by with as little t.v. as possible and more fun and playtime. Most the time I don't do to well. I admit I get grumpy a lot because Shaun is never home and I miss him so darn much. I hate doing this family thing on my own. I am trying really hard to just find a happy place and learn to be a calm and energetic mom. There are lots of other Moms doing the same thing, I know I can do it too. Its just so exhausting and frustrating. Can't seem to find the energy most days. Luckily my playdates and jogging dates keep me sane.


So this goes out to my mommy friends here in Columbus:


Thank You!


Thank You!


I love you all so much and I am so glad we have each other!

6 comments:

  1. That is awesome that you are jogging! I need to do that too...but it rains a whole lot here! plus i am lazy!
    and for the sugar thing...make shaun do it with you. evan and i haven't eaten suger for the whole month of February and i have really seen a difference. and for march we are just going to focus on excersize and keeping the sugar low!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! I know I am not the best example but I put sugar free gum in my kitchen, I try to chew instead of swallow something not so good! It helps quite a bit I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Playdates are the best. Good thing is the kids love them even more than the moms:) I'm so glad you have found some good moms there.

    Jogging... good for you!!! I bet you're feeling so much better.

    Shaun and the kids... love your kids, they're so cute. I guess all I can say for Shaun is... at least he's not deployed. We have so many from our ward down range right now it's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hang in there, liz--you are awesome. i know the single mom life is not fun--kevin is out of town often, too. you are wonderful, and your kids are so lucky to have you as their mother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz, I'm sure we all feel your pain. The never ending battle to find a balance between being the perfect Mom and the being good to ourselves. I used to eat a really strict diet for health reasons which did not include sugar. I would keep snacks around to take the place of my craving. Even if it didn't sound as good as a cookie I would just eat it anyway and I wouldn't crave the sugar as bad. Apples with natural peanut butter always curbed the sweet tooth.
    I also hang a written list of all the things the kids can do to keep them occupied. It's easier to think of stuff for them to do when it's right in front of your face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay so the one thing my diet does not restrict is sugar, but as i have learned what to eliminate i have learned so much more about how sugar works. 1st sugar is like crack and that explains why you can't kick the habit, you are addicted! get the crack out of your house and get stuff in your house that tastes like sugar but is much better for you... stevia is a great substitute (careful if you use too much it gets bitter), also agave nectar(it can replace sugar in any recipe). if you head to a health food store you can find either of them. also pre-packaged snacks that are great are fruit sweetened macaroons, and terra nostra makes an awesome chocolate bar. there are also oreo knocks offs by back to nature that rock! its a pain to read labels, but with the way food is manufactured these days there is no other way to eliminate things from your diet. its a bit more work, but you can do it and you will love yourself for it!!!!!! plus when you get into that target weight slot you will feel like any sacrifice was worth it...you can do it!!!! good luck-keep me posted! love ya!
    he he sorry i took up so much room

    ReplyDelete