Monday, January 19, 2009

You may have noticed that it has been a while since I've posted. Life pretty much has been very uneventful recently. Its just been about putting the kids back on a schedule since we've been back from Washington. Surprisingly it took a whole week to get back to anything resembling normalcy. The three hour difference really made a huge difference.
At the moment I am just getting back to a schedule of gymnastics, library programs, mommy dates, and counting the hours till I see Shaun again. His days are ridiculous now. He has to be at work at 4:30 sometimes, that's A.M.! His day also doesn't end till 7 or later usually. Good news is he has only 4 months left till he starts BNCOC for his Sergent 1st Class rank. Then off we go on another adventure to who knows where. I think I am very much military wife material. While some wives hate the packing up and moving out part, I absolutely love it! I love finding out what I can about the many things I can do at my new destination, or exploring the unknown, or just learning the history of the place. Its exciting I think. I also love seeing Shaun in his uniform, it makes feel so proud to be his wife. Plus loving the free health care, along with other things. I know I complain about his job a lot, but husbands who aren't in the military have horrible hours as well, I know I am not the only one with something to complain about.
To sum it up I'm mostly happy when Shaun is sitting next to me, he is like a drug, I can't get enough of him. I am happy when I hold my two fantastic kids, especially when they hug me back. I'm happy thinking about all the many rich blessings Heavenly Father has given me in my life so far.
All in all, I am happy.

7 comments:

  1. Good to hear! I'm happy you are happy too. And Shaun....work a little harder or something gosh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Husbands are great... no matter how much Peter's around... I want him around MORE! I too can't get enough. Maybe it's an Elton-male thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are some long hours! and I am glad you like moving...it can be exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the time change is always hard to adjust back for us, too. hopefully with your move you'll be closer to home maybe...

    glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all know Shaun couldn't live without you either. I feel so lucky to have you as in-laws. it was so good to see the both of you over the holiday. It was good times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I have to add a sentimental mom comment.........I love you all and miss you. There are many long and "lonely" wife hours all through our lives, I suppose. We cherish our sweethearts, bond closer to our children, and get creative with our time. Liz, you are so dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shaun IS a drug. And I'm having severe withdrawal side effects. These generic immitations I take in his absence just aren't the real thing.

    ReplyDelete