Friday, January 23, 2009

Cute Dolls




I've had this book for awhile, but haven't made anything yet till a while ago. The first one I made was the white bunny. It turned out all funny. I found out that stuffing a doll is a perfected art. If you don't do it right the stuffing make it look completely different from the picture. Even still, my sweet little girl still loved the bunny and considers it one of her favorites out of her chest full of stuff toys. The one up above I just finished today. Mr. Tad and Mr. Pole took three days to finish, but if I didn't have the constant interruption it would have taken me only a few hours to finish. Isabel insisted on helping as well. When it came to sewing the eyes, and legs on I would stick the needle in and she would pull it out. She was so proud of herself with helping me sew. Although, she did get a little impatient, when I was busy doing something else she had taken Mr. Tad and tried sewing on her own. She ended up sewing a big knot and almost ruined a whole days worth of work. Silly girl.
This book has such easy patterns to follow, and they are unique and cute too. Eventually I'll make each one for Izzy. If anyone wants a pattern, let me know and I'll send it to you.


5 comments:

  1. those are so cute! good job, liz! (and isabel!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are awesome! i wish i could sew. maybe this year i will learn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say it again.... I just love Izzy. What a sweetheart helping you sew:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz, I'm glad to see you doing more sewing! I happen to think that you work really well with your hands and that your super capable of doing even more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you are impressive! i love the monkeys! however, knowing your patience level compared to mine, i will not request the pattern. my monkeys would probably look more like they had jungle fever or something! after seeing that awesome diaper baby ensemble you sewed a few years ago i know what a perfectionist you are too so i am sure your stuffed bunny is great! you should send some monkey love my way! j/k!

    ReplyDelete