Monday, October 12, 2009

"Take me out to the ball game!"

I've been dying to see an MLB game since I found out there was a team here called the Atlanta Braves. After much convincing (Shaun's not a big fan of watching sports) I secured $6 dollars! tickets to see the last home games of the Atlanta Braves. Deirdre and Andrew Davis came with us to make it even more super fun. It was a blast! Exactly how I expected it to be. The crowds really got into it. They did the wave, they did the tomahawk hand cheer (you bring your hand down in a chopping motion chanting like a Native Indian), and they even had a singer come out and start the "take me out to the ball game" song. One of my favorite was when one of the Atlanta players jumped up and slammed into the outfield wall and CAUGHT the ball! They did a hilarious skit up on the huge screen t.v. because of it. It was a movie clip of Jack Nicholson in the movie "A Few Good Men" yelling at you "You are the wall! Be the wall" or something like that. What else can I say except I had a really REALLY good time.
Cant go to the ball game with out getting the hotdogs and the works. They rob you though! It cost us almost $20 bucks! for Shaun and I to get two hotdogs and a drink. Insane!

It's pretty far away but if you can see it there is a HUGE drum that would start up the crowd to do the wave or the tomahawk cheer. How awesome is that?!

By the way, our team lost. Still went home happy though.

3 comments:

  1. wish we were there with you! So fun. When we went we were sitting in that section right next to the drum! It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a fun night. I'm not a sports fan either but there is something about the cool evening, the big lights, and the smell of food in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you Liz. I enjoy a good MLB game every once in a while but Peter's not that in to it. I guess it's an Elton boy thing. Well, I'd rather him be like that than a sports nut:)

    ReplyDelete