Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Songs to move you to Tears

I've been practicing the piano everyday recently. I have a new calling as a Relief Society Pianist so I'm trying to keep my playing skills toned. I've been going through all my piano books and playing a variety of music. Today I played my Les Miserables book which my family bought after my dad and stepmom took us to Broadway to see it back when I was a kid. It was one of the best experiences I've had. Incredible affects and heart wrenching songs to tell the story. I never knew what they said till I read the words in the piano book. For those who don't know the story I strongly recommend looking into it. I cried when I watched "A Little Fall of Rain" on YouTube. It's such a sad, SAD, story. Very moving, and humbling to remember all the wars that have been and are going on in our history. They shaped the way our world is now. So much death and blood is shed in the name of freedom.
P.S. Couldn't find out if Les Miserables is ever coming back to tour the U.S. Does anyone have any infomation on that?

3 comments:

  1. that is awesome that you are playing more! i still need to learn left hand! and i love the music from Les Miserables too. you have inspired me to listen to it, and other musicals, more.
    and side nore...orion was looking at the picture of shaun in the mask and kept asking if he was a bad guy. i told him it was uncle shaun, a really good guy. but he insists he's a baddie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, best show ever, one of our first dates in NYC, i have seen it four times. i wish they were coming back. I caught up on all your posts glad you got a new camera. Look forward to boating tomorrow. I hear Shaun tried back flips, crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! don't be impressed with my blogging numbers as i am sure you can see, it has been a very long while since i posted before them. it is so great we can keep up this way. i miss you tons, we had fun times! sorry i didn't call on the frog hunts and puddle jumps, they are always just so random and impulsive. cleaning up after getting dirty is the pits but getting dirty is so much fun it is worth it! email me sometime and tell me what you have been up to. staying put for awhile? the people who bought our house in ep are military from georgia and remind me of you all the time. husband gone off playing war games for weeks, wife pulling it all together. you are so awesome-such an inspiration! whenever i start to complain about jeremy being gone i think of you and how much you go at alone for your family. keep it up, you're kids are awesome!!! wow-and how they've grown!!! talk to you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete