Friday, September 25, 2009

Cheers

My sister-in-law Kennan sent me this quote in response to the email I sent out regarding our situation. It cheered me up immensely and I wanted to spread the cheer even more by posting it for all to read.

"No matter how serious the trial, how deep the distress, how great the affliction, God will never desert us. He never has, and He never will. He cannot do it. It is not in His character. He is an unchangeable being; the same yesterday, the same today, and He will be the same throughout the eternal ages to come. We have found that God. We have made Him our friend, obeying His gospel; and He will stand by us. We may pass through the fiery furnace; we may pass through deep waters but we shall not be consumed nor overwhelmed. We shall emerge from all these trials and difficulties the better and purer for them, if we only trust in our God and Keep His commandments." George Q. Cannon

The love and support from all of you has been like an ointment to my wound that's been festering with discontentment. Thank you.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the cheer Liz. It was much needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll make it through and all will be well. We're with you always! Love you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you guys too. And what a beautiful quote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All will be well, sweet Liz. Don't give up hope. Washington was in our "sights' from the beginning of our marriage. It took many moves and years to get here, but it was worth the wait. I still can't believe how much we love living here. I doubt very,very seriously that it will take you as long as it did us to make it here. I think you probably have more options than you even know yet. You will be just fine. Won't it be grand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love you Liz, a positive you will be here with me a little longer! I would have missed you immensly

    ReplyDelete